September 1, 2005
[Last Updated: September 01, 2005 ]
Campbell Blacklisted by Mentor
HOLLYWOOD, July 22, 2005
Supermodel Naomi Campbell has been blacklisted by the man who helped launch her catwalk career--because she is "nasty" and "temperamental".
Campbell shot to fame after being discovered by Elite Modeling agents near her London home when she was just 15.
But Elite boss John Casablancas, the father of Strokes rocker Julian Casablancas, hasn't worked with her since 1989, and says he will never work with her again.
He tells the New York Daily News, "Naomi has a really nasty side, because of her temperament, her lifestyle and her history. I like her a lot, but I would not work with her again for all the gold on Earth. She was abusive with her booking staff and it was unbearable."
But Campbell's representative says, "Naomi has been very honest about her past and has learned a great deal from it. It's unfortunate that John does not seem to be able to move on. I'm sure Naomi wishes him the best."
No model behavior for Naomi Campbell
By Jeannette Walls
Updated: 2:47 a.m. ET Aug. 29, 2005
Looks like Naomi Campbell's anger-management courses didn't work so well.
The temperamental model is being accused of yet another violent outburst.
Campbell and Brazilian model Marcelle Bittar "gave quite a show of punches
and slaps" in an exclusive Sao Paulo restaurant last week, according to our
Marcelle confronted Naomi for mistreating a common friend of theirs, a model
booker, allegedly punching and kicking him and causing him to lose his job.
"I promised myself to confront her about that next time I saw her," Marcelle
told Sao Paulo columnist Monica Bergamo. She apparently kept her promise,
and Campbell responded in kind.
Campbell's rep has denied the story, accusing Marcelle of behaving strangely
at the restaurant.
Supermodel Campbell questioned for assault
JEREMY CHARLES IN ROME
THE supermodel Naomi Campbell is under investigation by police in Italy after allegedly flying into a rage with a fellow model over what she was wearing.
Ms Campbell, who has a reputation for a fiery temper, is accused of punching the model and actress Yvonne Scio after a row at their hotel, leaving her with a split lip.
Police in Rome, where the alleged assault took place at the luxury five-star Hotel Eden, close to the city's famous Via Veneto, confirmed an investigation had been opened.
Ms Scio, 36, who has made several films in both Italy and the United States, needed treatment for cuts to her face and lip at the San Giacomo Hospital.
Yesterday a police spokesman, Domenico Condello, said: "I can confirm that an allegation of assault against Naomi Campbell has been made by Yvonne Scio.
"She came to the police station and she had cuts to her lip and had been treated in hospital. She said that Naomi had insulted her and attacked her after an argument over some clothes she was wearing.
"We have taken a full statement from Ms Scio and we will be checking her claims with Naomi Campbell."
Ms Scio's lawyer, Annamaria Bernardini De Pace, also confirmed she had been asked to look into the possibility of a civil action against Ms Campbell.
Ms De Pace said: "We fully intend to take this matter to court.
"They have been friends for years - they had even been out shopping before this happened," Ms De Pace said.
"Yvonne is in bed in a lot of pain. Her face is in a terrible way. Her lip was split and she lost a lot of blood.
"She is an actress so she will not be able to work for a while so we will also be looking for loss of earnings.
"I have not seen her personally because she is at home in bed but I have seen the medical report. After it happened, Naomi's assistant took her away and Yvonne went straight to the hospital."
A statement from Ms Campbell's agent said: "Supermodel Naomi Campbell has been mistakenly dragged into a potential drama in Rome after an actress and long time acquaintance Yvonne Scio made claims of a dispute between the two.
"Naomi made it clear that there had been a disagreement between the
two in which she told Ms Scio she was very disappointed with her behaviour
and that she should go."
This article: http://www.scotsman.com/?id=1720452005
Yvonne Scio Sues Naomi Campbell
Yvonee Scio filed a complain against her best friend, supermodel Naomi Campbell, claiming she was beaten for wearing a similar dress.
Yvonee Scio filed a complain[t] against her best friend,
supermodel Naomi Campbell, claiming she was beaten for wearing a similar
dress with Naomi.
Scio declared to the police she was hospitalized with a split lip and severe bruising, after Naomi punched and kicked her at the Eden Hotel in Rome, Italy.
Yvonee is now suing the supermodel, her friend of 12 years, claiming she's missing from work because she needs to recover from her serious injuries.
Scio's lawyer Annamaria Bernardini De Pace says: "This will be going to court and Naomi will have to appear.
This was a completely unprovoked attack of violence by Naomi. Yvonne is in bed in a lot of pain. Her face is in a terrible way.
She lost a lot of blood. She is an actress so she will not be able to work for a while. We will also be looking for loss of earnings."
Officer Domenico Condello adds: "I can confirm that an allegation of assault has been made. Ms Scio came to the police station with cuts to her lip.
She said that Naomi had insulted her and attacked her over some clothes she was wearing. We have taken a full statement from Ms Scio and we will be checking her claims with Naomi Campbell."
Naomi Campbell's spokesman declared that "Naomi has been mistakenly dragged into a potential drama in Rome after an 'actress' and long-term acquaintance, Yvonne Scio made claims about a dispute.
Naomi made it clear there had been 'a disagreement' in which she told Miss Scio that she was 'very disappointed a her behavior and that she should go now'."
Naomi Campbell: Phone Basher?
by Joal Ryan
Oct 23, 1998, 7:50 AM PT
back to story
Did Naomi Campbell reach out and touch someone--kinda hard?
That's the claim of an ex-personal secretary who says the supermodel bopped
her over the head--twice--with a telephone.
The complaint is included in an $8 million suit filed against the
world-class clothes-wearer Thursday in New York, the New York Post reports.
In court papers, Georgina Galanis says her tenure of employment with
Campbell left her with "severe injuries" and "severe mental distress."
Here's the kicker: Galanis worked for Campbell all of nine--count 'em,
nine--days, the Post says.
This point is not lost on Campbell's camp. A spokeswoman tells the the
newspaper: The charges "are nothing more than an attempt by a disgruntled
former employee...to make money at Naomi's expense."
The spokeswoman says Galanis was fired after just one week due to
The woman's lawsuit, not surprisingly, paints another picture.
Galanis' lawsuit says she began working for Campbell last September 1. By
September 7, the catwalker was "willfully, wantonly, maliciously, recklessly
and negligently" battering her secretary, the lawsuit charges.
Specifically, Galanis claims in court papers, that Campbell: (1) hit her
over the head with a telephone (twice); (2) grabbed her neck; (3) slammed
her against a wall.
All this, plus, Galanis says Campbell still owes her $1,461.54 in wages
earned during that alleged week from hell.
Campbell's spokeswoman says the 28-year-old model plans to "vigorously," um,
"fight" the allegations.
February 21, 2000
Supermodel Naomi Campbell recently pleaded guilty to an assault charge
for beating her assistant while making a film in Canada two years ago.
Campbell, 29, did not attend the court hearing in Toronto, Canada, and her guilty plea was entered by her attorney, Brian Greenspan.
Under an agreement worked out with the prosecution, Campbell expressed remorse for the attack and was released without punishment or a criminal record.
An assault conviction can bring up to six months in prison or a $1,370 fine.
Campbell admitted beating her assistant Georgina Galanis while in Toronto filming the movie, Prisoner of Love.
Galanis, 39, briefly worked as Campbell's assistant during the filming. She has filed a $2 million lawsuit against Campbell in New York that mentions the alleged assault in Toronto.
Galanis, who lives in Queens, NY, said in the lawsuit that she worked for the superstar model for nine days.